PLEASE PICK UP YOUR TREES THIS WEEKEND for those who have registered Saturday, April 28th (10-noon) and Sunday 10-11am). All trees have been allocated – thank you for your overwhelming interest and keep an eye out in August and mid-March for additional signups.
Upcoming 2018 Programs
Register NOW *May 3, 2018 (5:30pm – 7:30pm) Native Spring Ephemerals
with Przemyslaw Walczak, Chanticleer Horticulturist $35 pp
Spring ephemerals are an important part of the forests in Delaware County. These unique wildflowers have a short aboveground presence: they bloom, set seed, and die back before the trees overhead block the sunlight with their leaves. This class will convey the important role that spring ephemerals play in a healthy ecosystem, while highlighting their beauty. While walking through Chanticleer, participants will also learn about how to grow spring ephemerals.
Support Radnor Conservancy
Your support will help the Radnor Conservancy accomplish its goals. Here is just a small sampling of what we do:
- Advocate at the township level for the improvement and strengthening of our environmental conservation & shade tree ordinances.
- Help support community-based groups with park improvements & trail maintenance.
- Our Big Tree Program works to plant and protect shade trees in Radnor – and expects to have well over 450 trees in the ground by year’s end.
- Fund environmentally-based educational programs for multi-generational audiences throughout the year, covering a variety of environmental issues (Partnering with Chanticleer Garden, Wayne Art Center, Radnor Memorial Library, Audubon PA).
- We are part of a larger coalition working on the expansion of the Radnor Trail and promoting other trail enhancement & expansion projects.
- Supported Radnor Township’s purchase of 71 acres of crucial scenic & environmentally sensitive portions of the “Ardrossan” estate.
Our donation/membership categories:
Single – $50
Family – $100
Conservationist – $250
Steward – $500 or more
For more information, please contact us.